Wednesday, June 10, 2009

The Perfect Pop Song


Hey,


I have found that in the last week I got a little bored with what my playlists had to offer and needed a bit of an old school flavour to get me through the day. It all started when we were sitting in the office playing a youtube "remember this old song" with a few collegues. I then found myself on iTunes buying a few tracks by artists like TLC, Rob Base and DJ Easy Rock and even re-investigating a few NKOTB songs. I'm big enough to admit that I love a good pop song from time to time.


I found myself on the subway platform today, my iPod was on shuffle, and "Rock your Body" by Justin Timberlake came on. It's a great song...but as I entered the cart I found myself turning the volume down as it was packed and I feared what the people around me might think. Stupid I know.


Here's a quick list of pure candy pop songs I have loved listening to in the past week...



  1. TLC - "What about your friends"

  2. NKOTB - "Summertime"

  3. Joey Scarbury - "Greatest American Hero" (theme song)

  4. Justin Timberlake - "What Goes Around Comes Around"

  5. Toto - "Africa"


Greatest Amercian hero brings me right back to my childhood hurrying to have a bath, grab a snack (usually some wicked cereal like captain crunch) and sitting with my brother and Dad as this song kicked in to start the show!


alright - gotta work.


speak soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment