Monday, March 12, 2012

Rock And Roll Will Never Die

Hello,

Lynard Skynard made mention of Neil Young in their smash hit 'Sweet Home Alabama'.  Neil Young referenced Johnny Rotten in 'Hey Hey My My (Into The Black)' and Kurt Cobain quoted that same song in his suicide note to the world.  Rock and roll is one powerful medium with deep a authentic history.

There's times when the music business play catch-up on trends - and then try to cater to a particular style. The music is sometimes disguised as rock as it appears to be guitar driven - but there's always something missing.  It's beige, it's boring and been done to death.

No matter what flavour of the week comes and goes there will always be rock n' roll and you will know when it's real.

I'm super excited to say that right now feels like a time when rock music is finally raw and exciting again.  Here are 5 current singles that are making me feel this way - and if you give them a listen I think you'll agree.






I'm not saying there isn't room for all genres of music - I'm just excited about the current Rock And Roll that's being released.

"My my, hey hey
Rock and roll will never die
It's better to burn out
Than to fade away
My my, hey hey"


Thanks for reading/listening,

Gregg Stewart

No comments:

Post a Comment