Saturday, March 13, 2010

Running Requires Music

Hello Friends,


Not only does running require music - it needs to be carefully selected for each individual run you do. I personally cannot run without it.

I'm honoured, excited and nervous to be running in next week's New York City 1/2 marathon. It's going to be a special day for me as I get to run through the streets of Manhattan alongside 16,000 other runners.

This one's going to require some amazing music - and I've been carefully crafting a play list for the past couple of weeks. I'm almost there but will need to fine tune it this week.
As most of you are aware - NYC is one hell of a place to walk through on a normal day - so to have the streets to run on I may very well take my time to soak it in.
I'm clearly not going for gold. The play list needs some monster jams, bangers, anthems and some New York flavour. It's gotta have some rock, pop, hip hop and perhaps some cheese for the occasion.
Anyway - here's what I got so far. I'm hoping to come in under 1:50 - but you need some buffers and of course some additional options for bangers:)
  1. Paid in Full - Eric B & Rakim
  2. Forever - Drake, Kanye, Lil Wayne and Eminem
  3. Daytona 500 - Ghostface Killah
  4. Empire State of Mind 1 - Jay Z feat Alicia Keys *has to be on there
  5. Stay Too Long - Plan B
  6. Bonified Lovin - Chromeo
  7. Closer - Kings of Leon
  8. Flowers and Football Tops - Glasvegas
  9. Fire - Kasabian
  10. D'You Know What I Mean - Oasis
  11. Everlong - Foo Fighters
  12. Supersonic - Oasis
  13. Columbia - Oasis
  14. Santa Monica - Jay Malinowski
  15. Heavy Cross - Gossip
  16. Tomorrow - Silverchair
  17. The Next Episode - Dr. Dre
  18. Bitch Please II - Eminem
  19. Ana's Song (Open Fire) - Silverchair
  20. Time to Pretend - MGMT
  21. Wavin Flag - Young Artists for Haiti *goosebumps (even when Bieber sings)
  22. 1901 - Phoenix
  23. Rude Boy - Rihanna
  24. Dragon Queen - Yeah Yeah Yeahs
  25. Starlight - Muse
  26. The Masterplan - Oasis
  27. The Lightening Strike - Snow Patrol
  28. Empire State of Mind II - Alicia Keys *need a little bit of momentum at this point
  29. Stranded (Haiti Mon Amour) - U2, Jay Z + Rihanna
  30. Live your Life - T.I. feat Rihanna
  31. Geraldine - Glasvegas
  32. Pass the Mic - Beastie Boys
Fingers crossed that this works. I can't wait.
Thanks for reading.
Gregg
*formatting is messed - sorry.

No comments:

Post a Comment