I've never been to this green land they call Ireland - but do have some blood ties from way back. The one thing I know is that the people are friendly and hard as nails. This toughness comes from a deeply routed will to survive from way back in the day. They are very much like the Scottish (or is it that the Scottish are like the Irish:)
Today is the patron Saint of Ireland's day - St. Patrick's Day. This means green is worn and Guinness is drank. The origins of this date are best left explained by wikipedia (I'm lazy today).
To mark the occasion - here's a quick 10 tunes to get you in the mood (some not actually Irish - but in that direction).
- U2 -'The Sweetest Thing'
- The Cranberries - 'Ode to My Family'
- Snow Patrol - 'Chocolate'
- The Pogues - 'Fiesta'
- Thin Lizzy - 'The Boys are Back in Town'
- Sinead O'Connor - 'The Emperor's New Clothes'
- House of Pain - 'Who's the Man'
- Ash -'There's a Star'
- Ronan Keating - 'Rollercoaster'
- Damian Rice - 'Cannonball'
Have a safe night!Gregg