Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Why Radio Is Still Important To Me

Hello Friends,

In recent weeks I have rediscovered CBC Radio 2. It's been a while since I tuned in regularly but my god am I happy to be back. I forgot how great it can be and how many great tunes they play that I likely own - but never get to hear anymore. Radio is the best medium to be reminded of old gems and do it without the added pressure of finding the best track for that moment in your iTunes library.

I listen to lots of BBC Radio 1 and 2 and enjoy learning about artists and hearing the latest and greatest tracks at the same time. They are the master of this. Their DJs make it so exciting and tell you the stories you want to hear about rock stars and speak to the bands on a level in which they feel comfortable. This makes for the best interviews going and keeps my attention.

The same can be said for my 2 current favs on CBC - Bob Mackowycz and Rich Terfry (Buck 65) - they are truly wonderful and relevant spokesman for music. They too make things exciting.

The single best reason to give radio another chance is that these are experts tell you what they like. These people decided to make a life's love into a career and so they live and breathe music. Then they get on the airwaves and share this knowledge with you.

I'll keep this short - but here's a quick list of tunes I recently heard on CBC radio that has got me excited again.
Keep the music coming.

Thanks for reading/listening.

Gregg

1 comment:

  1. couldn't have said it better myself :) Growing up listening to Streek, Strombo and the boys talk about music changed the tenor of my day.

    ReplyDelete