Monday, November 22, 2010

3 Beauties

Hello Friends,

I've recently come to realize that there's never a dull moment in music. There's no such thing as a bad time for music you simply need to listen more and listen in more places to keep it exciting. Scenes come and go - but it does not mean that there isn’t great music out there waiting for you. This past week threw me some hidden gems that I’m blown away by and thought I should share with you.
Here's a quick list of 3 tracks I would like to recommend you check out:

This song satisfies me. It has everything I want in a song for my journey to work each day. It’s big and atmospheric enough to make any subway journey fun. The band have always held a place in my heart and this may well be some of their best work yet.

I grew up in the suburbs and this video gave me some serious flash backs when I first watched it last week. From cookie cutter homes to ghost riding my bike – it’s perfect. Spike Jonze has done it again – what a great video to go along with an incredible track from an amazing album.

I’ve heard jDiggz name a million times in my years working music – but until now I am not sure I could have picked him out of a line-up. He’s got presence and reminds me of a young Jay Z in this video. His flows and moves are slick and natural. This combo, on paper, doesn’t appeal to me – but it works and is one of my favourite songs and videos of the year thus far. The Scarborough Bluffs have never looked so good.

Good music is good music.

Enjoy!

Gregg

No comments:

Post a Comment