Saturday, April 30, 2011

My Favourite Remixes


Hello Friends,

I'm not normally a fan of remixes at all. That being said I have managed to throw together a solid list of remixes that I think trump their original.

I used to think it was lazy for a DJ or artist to even attempt to do this and pass it off as their own work. I've grown to understand it more in recent years. I now look at it as an homage from one artist to another, or a piece of music, that they adore. Other times it's the band/artist themselves that wants to include a variation of their own work. It's actually pretty awesome when it's done correctly although often times it's not - so it's a fine line to walk.

Here's a list of some of my personal favourite remixes from my music collection.
As you can see the word 'REMIX' doesn't always have to equate to that of a dance version of a track. It's simply a new take on the original and sometimes even better.

Thanks for reading/listening.

Gregg

No comments:

Post a Comment