It seems that everyone I know is headed to the town of Bobcaygeon, Ontario this evening to see both the Sam Roberts Band and The Tragically Hip. I'm certain it'll be another epic night in cottage country - I just hope that the rain holds off for them.
On the other side of the pond festival goers are now on day 2 of Glastonbury Music Festival as well as Hyde Park's 'Hard Rock Calling' in London.
It's definitely summer festival time again and what better way to celebrate then with some amazing music in the great outdoors.
Here's a list of some festival anthems that will likely be heard this weekend at these 3.
- The Tragically Hip - 'Bobcaygeon' *Imagine the crowd's roar when they kick into this one:)
- Sam Roberts Band - 'Last Crusade' *One of Canada's finest live acts
- Radiohead - 'Paranoid Android' *Hit the stage as a surprise at Glastonbury last night
- The Killers - 'When You Were Young' *Headlined Hyde Park last night
- Kings of Leon - 'Sex is on Fire' *Hyde Park last night
- U2 - 'Stay Faraway So Close *Headlined Glastonbury last night
If I could give you 2 bits of advice - it would be that everyone should travel while you're young and attend as many music festivals as humanly possible.
Thanks for reading/listening.