Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Television Tunes

Hi Friends,

I had a conversation about TV theme songs today and it got me thinking. It got me thinking about how many amazing, yet sometimes embarrassing, tunes there were. Cheesy or awesome they all have the power to instantly transport you back in time. For me it's back to a childhood in suburban Toronto where television reigned King. Many of these shows conjure up memories innocence and a naivety to the World.

I started writing a list, went online and I soon found myself in a worm hole of catchy jingles from my past. There were just so many classic sitcoms in the 70s and 80s. It was a time when television didn't have much competition - so the shows had to be good to make the cut and that included a killer intro.

Here's a few that I dug up including a few that bring a tear to my eye from the first note...
I'm not sure if it's a case of getting older - but I really don't hear that magic in theme songs these days. Maybe it's because most shows are reality based and the reality is that it's much easier to just buy a song. I guess it might also be that I'm a child of the 70s/80s - and was spoiled with great television music.

Thanks for reading/listening.

Now sing it with me..."I'm at - WKRP - in -Cin-cin-na-ti".

Gregg

No comments:

Post a Comment