Thursday, September 20, 2012

6 Tunes for the Weekend

I went to a bunch of shows recently and have listened to a boat load of new music as well.

Last week was a rock n roll week for me as it feature shows by City and Colour, Kiss, Motley Crue, Yukon Blonde, The Sheepdogs and Ed Sheeran to name a few.  This week ends with Las Vegas' finest, The Killers, as they hit The Sound Academy for a down played show.  I'm sad I missed Kendrick Lemar at The Sound Academy last night as Drake apparently made a guest appearance.  I did catch him on TV though and he's awesome.  It may be getting darker earlier these days but it isn't stopping the great music coming out at this time.

I also got to catch a few of the shows our team works on each day including The Wedge, RapCity, New.Music.Live. and MTV Live.  They're forever introducing me to new music and I hope that never stops.

Here's a few recommendations for the weekend...

Grimes - 'Genesis'
The XX - 'Angels'
Twin Shadow - '5 Seconds'
Kendrick Lamar - 'The Recipe'
Two Door Cinema Club - 'Sun'
Diamond Rings - 'I'm Just Me'

I love this job. 

Thanks for reading/listening.

Gregg

No comments:

Post a Comment