Thursday, September 6, 2012

Recommended Listening

I'm not in school these days - but September still feels like a chance to turn over a new leaf to me.

I started making a few new play-lists this week and after just a few listens I'm already excited for what's happening in music at the moment.  New music equates to a fresh start for me - and I hope that it does for you too.

This is a quick list of songs I'd like to recommend that you give a listen to this weekend.  

Check them out!

Of Monsters and Men - 'Dirty Paws'.  I'm not sure if this is even a single for this album - but it should be as it's simply a fantastic track.
Two Door Cinema Club - 'Sun'.  I heard this song for the first time yesterday.  It was instantly my favourite new track and I have played it at least 25 times since.  The new record also has one of the best album covers in years.
Bloc Party - 'Octopus'.  I'm going to see this band early next week.  They have always rocked and this track solidifies them as one of the finest rock bands around.
Jesse Ware - 'Wildest Moment'.  This lady really does have the voice of an angel.  I love this track and a few others that I've heard from her.
The Black Keys - 'Hell of a Season'.  This album surprises me more and more with each listen.  Right now it's this track.
Alanis Morissette - 'Guardian'.  She's back.  this is the best song I've heard from her in years.  Don't ever forget how big this lady was.
Data Rock - 'California'.  You may have heard this track a whole bunch recently as it's being used in a Virgin Mobile ad.  It's a great track and these guys are one of the best live acts that I have ever seen. 
Taylor Swift - 'We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together'.  I won't even call this a guilty pleasure.  This song is a monster track and a perfect pop song.  

Thanks for reading/listening.

Gregg Stewart

No comments:

Post a Comment