Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Venues


Hello Friends,


Over the years I have had the pleasure of seeing many bands in different venues around the world. Each city has it's own favourites and there's always some great history as to why and to who has played there. I live in Toronto so obviously have a soft spot for some of these places as I've seen so many shows here.


I currently work for MTV in Canada and have the pleasure of working in The Masonic Temple building at Younge and Davenport. This particular budiling is also well know as it used to be called the Concert Hall and the likes of David Bowie, Led Zeppelin, The Who, Rod Stewart and many more perfromed here over the years.


The top 5 venues that I've seen shows at are as follows...



  1. Shepperd's Bush Empire - London, England

  2. Massey Hall - Toronto, Canada

  3. The Bowrey Ballroom - NYC, USA

  4. The Barrowlands - Glasgow, Scotland

  5. Lee's Palace - Toronto, Canada

My favourite Massey Hall show was Eddie Vedor of Pearl Jam doing a solo show to promote the release of 'Into The Wild' soundtrack. It was a special night indeed!


I've kept every single ticket stubb for each concert I have ever been to - so will make a list about them one day. They all live in a shoebox - so it seems a daunting task at this time to organize them.


Speak soon.


Gregg


1 comment: