Monday, December 7, 2009

Epic

Hello Friends,

I don't know if it's that I just finished watching the bonus DVD content on Snow Patrol's 'Up To Now' collection or not - but wow are they ever amazing and creating some magic.

I've always been a fan and followed their career closely since they released 'When It's All Over We Still Have To Clear Up'. I still think that 'One Night is Not Enough' is a heck of a tune today.

The band have come a long way indeed and not just in terms of commercial success - this band is now creating epic music that has raised the bar and sets them apart from others that have come before. The songs are, for the most part, somber and sad in terms of lyrical content - but that's part of the charm. The other part is full on rock n roll and epic atmospheric tunes that could stand-up against the likes of The Who and Pink Floyd.

I'll keep today's post short - but please check out my 5 suggested tracks by this band when you have a second.


Enjoy!

Gregg

No comments:

Post a Comment