Saturday, December 12, 2009

Top Tunes of 2009


Hello Friends,

I've finally taken the time to go through my collection and see what the top tunes of 2009 are IMHO. It took some google searches to ensure that the albums were all this year - but alas I have a great list here to share. I'm sure that I am missing a few - but for now these are the one's that acted as a soundtrack to my year and thus becoming 'My Top Tunes of 2009'.

*From A-Z (as that's how I picked them from my iTunes)



  • Airborne Toxic Event - 'Something New'

  • Arctic Monkeys - 'Crying LIghtening'

  • Bat for Lashes - 'Daniel'

  • The Big Pink - 'Velvet'

  • Calvin Harris - 'I'm Not Alone'

  • Depeche Mode - 'Wrong'

  • Doves - 'Kingdom of Rust'

  • Drake - 'Forever' + 'Best I Ever Had'

  • Elbow - 'One Day Like This'

  • Eminem - 'Beautiful'

  • Empire of the Sun - 'Walking on a Dream'

  • Franz Ferdinand - 'Ulysees'

  • Glasvegas - 'Geraldine'

  • Gossip - 'Heavy Cross'

  • Jack Penate - 'Today's Tonight'

  • Julian Casablancas - 'Tourist'

  • The Junction - 'Just Level With Me'

  • Kasabian - 'Fire'

  • M83 - 'Kim & Jessi'

  • Miike Snow - 'Animal'

  • Mistress Barbara - 'I'm Running'

  • Muse - 'Uprising'

  • Passion Pit - 'The Reeling'

  • Peter Bjorn & John - 'It Don't Move Me'

  • Phoenix - 'Lisztomania'

  • Roykstopp - 'Happy Up Here'

  • Snow Patrol - 'Just Say Yes'

  • Stereophonics - 'Innocent'

  • U2 - 'Magnificent'

  • Vega - 'No Reasons'

  • We Were Promised Jetpacks - 'It's Thunder and It's Lightening'

  • White Lies - 'Death'

  • Yeah Yeah Yeahs - 'Skeletons'

What a great year for new music this was.

Speak soon.

Gregg

1 comment: