Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Coupla Tunes | Kings of Leon

Hey Friends,

The last couple of days has had me digging back into the Kings of Leon's catalogue while enjoying their latest offering entitled 'Come Around Sundown'. I get the sense that the band are at their happiest on this album as it's true Southern Rock with Soul spread throughout.

The band had been quiet since the release of this album at the end of last year. I believe the drummer was going through shoulder surgery and so they simply released a few videos and singles over that time period while he was on the mend. In recent months they seem to be back in fine form on the festival circuit both here and in Europe. With stops at Coachella and then last weekend to Slane Castle in Dublin - I think it's safe to say these guys are ready to take over the World again. They've even released a documentary called 'Talihina Sky' and the lead singer married a Victoria Secret model. Now that's rock n roll.

Here's a few of their songs I recommend you give another spin...


The band are true Rock Stars and if you're on twitter I highly recommend that you follow these fellas. They put it all out there for you to see. Here's 2 of their handles @youngfollowill and @doctorfollowill.

@youngfollowill tweeted this link from this past weekend's party in Ireland. The tune playing in the background might well be the best song in the last year if you ask me. It's Fitz and the Tantrums - 'Money grabber and the fact that these guys are playing it at their party makes me like them even more.

The moral of the story is that I want to be in a band.

Thanks for reading/listening.

Gregg

No comments:

Post a Comment