Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Eminem


Hey There,

Eminem is someone I go through phases of liking and then not liking at all. It seems to be at the start or release of his first single as i find the formula to be the same. Remember Slim Shady, Just Lose It and now We Made You? These are the songs that I hate by Eminem. On the other side of the coin - Eminem is a genius who has released some classics that will withstand the test of time for sure.

Even though I may not like those above mentioned singles I can still appreciate them as great pop songs.

The following is a list of my top 5 Eminem songs (in no particular order)


  • Superman

  • Stan

  • Beautiful *this is my new favourite

  • Bitch Please II

  • What's The Difference

I had the pleasure of working on The Marshall Mathers LP as my first job with the record company back in 2000. That album brought Eminem through Toronto on tour with the Up in Smoke Tour featuring Dr. Dre, Snoop, Ice Cube with a partial NWA reunion (minus Eazy of course). Snoop filled in and they performed one song...but I digress. Eminem opened the night and was in fine form. The afternoon was simply amazing as we did a press conference with Eminem and Dr. Dre (Snoop and Ice Cube got held up at the border) to confront all the protest that he was allowed to perform in our fair city. After the conference we actually watched soundchecks of Eminem and the master himself Dr. Dre. Damn I wish I had a camera phone back then...in fact I wish I had a cellular phone back then.

Alright I'm rambling here.


Thanks for reading.


Gregg










No comments:

Post a Comment