Friday, May 22, 2009

First Song of the Day

Happy Friday,

Canadian radio is much like every other country's radio these days...boring as hell and repetative. To my suprise this morning was tad different in that the first song I heard was The Clash's epic 'Rock the Casbah'. I think it was because the regular morning DJ was off and this guy was trying to turn some heads. Well it worked! A good song to start your day is the best medicine of all no matter what song it is. I tend to go through phases of what I play on the subway toi work each morning and of late I have been going with full albums start to finish. It started this week with Eminem's latest 'Relapse' and I've since gone back to check out 'The Marshal Mathers LP'. The new album came out this week so not suprisingly his name has been all over the media and it's here that got me hooked. Eminem was in studio at the BBC to speak with Zane Lowe about his career thus far and it was amazing! If you are an artists and have the priveldge of being interviewed by Zane - then you are the big winner. He makes things so exciting.
Anyway - I was talking about songs first thing in the AM that make for a great day. Here's the top 5 list of tunes I have woken up to recently that made me smile...

1. The Clash - 'Rock the Casbah'
2. Coldplay - 'Fix You'
3. Oasis - 'Do You Know What I Mean'
4. Tragically Hip - 'Courage'
5. Doves - 'Winter Hill'

Only 2 of these were on the radio. I selected the others for the walk to the subway, but none-the-less, great start to the day.

that's all I got right now.

ps. I'm listening to BBC Radio 1 right now and Jack Penate is on - FAN-FUCKIN-TASTIC artist!

Gregg

No comments:

Post a Comment