Thursday, June 18, 2009

Keep it coming.


Hello Everyone,
Alright - it's happening again...there's new music coming out each and everyday that is making me happy. I was sent the latest single by Beth Ditto's group Gossip and it's a blinder. Anthemic and uplifting is exactly what the doctor has ordered. The single is called 'Heavy Cross' and it's near perfect for this exact moment in music. I had heard and read all the hype on Beth last year as she took over SXSW and NME wrote about her each and everyday...but for me it was the theme of SKINS (UK tv series) that sold me. Check this out!!!


Here's a fewmore gems that have made me smile of late...


1. Cuddle Fuddle - Passion Pit (saw them at Lee's Palace this week) this beat is awesome

2. Geraldine - Glasvegas (acoustic version - haunting and beautiful)

3. I Know What I Am - Band of Skulls

4. Hey Now - Oasis (there's always gotta be a bit of these boys in your life)

5. Ballad of Hugo Chavez - Arkells


Fingers crossed that this stuff keeps coming - as it's simply a great time in music.


If you're in the Toronto area this weekend get out and support Canadian music at NXNE festival...it's always a great time!


Gregg



No comments:

Post a Comment