It's been a very busy few weeks in Toronto for music and pop culture. Last week started with French favs Phoenix playing at the Phoenix (I never went but hear it was a love-in). Tuesday saw Passion Pit land at Lee's Palace to a sold out crowd and rocked the place (don't actually think rock is the right word here - maybe danced?)
NXNE kicked of on Wednesday and was a mainstay throughout the city for the rest of the week. Then came Canada's premiere music awards show (not knocking the Junos - this one's just better). I was working in the background on these ones and it was a great show to be a part of and see come full circle. From Alexisonfire, Billy Talent, Lady Gaga, Jobros, Black Eyed Peas and Nickelback - this show was amazing. I even saw the shit go down between Perez and Will.I.Am. Toronto is the mecca for Canadian music - like it or not.
On to a quick list of new tunes I am in love with now...
1. It Don't Move Me - Peter Bjorn & John VIDEO HERE
2. Heavy Cross - The Gossip *the album version is far better than the video edit.
3. Fire - Kasabian
4. Geraldine - Glasvegas *Acoustic version - haunting is the only word to describe this!
5. Throw it in the Bag - Fabolous feat. The Dream *a banger
Special shout-out to the 90s as there seems to be a strange comeback happening right now in that loads of lost names/artist are coming back - be it in concert or releases. I for one am loving it - as I see those days as the most important of my life thus far. Here's a few to make mention of ...with a special shout out to Cracker - to whom I will be seeing in concert tonight at Lee's Palace.
- Happy Mondays - touring this fall and stopping in Toronto in October
- Charlatans coming this Sept. to Toronto
- Stone Roses set to release some un-release materials in the coming months
- Cracker aka Camper van Beethoven in Toronto tonight
- Lastly - I've been listening to The Counting Crows, The Killers & older Oasis recently :)
have a wonderful day - speak soon!